Counterfeit Products. Protecting your business from imitation hardware
As the costs of research and development rise, innovative hardware devices that reflect these increased expenses are being targeted by counterfeit criminals.
- It is a very profitable business to copy existing devices, replacing expensive manufacturing processes and parts with cheaper and less reliable alternatives.
- Cloned hardware can often appear almost identical to the real thing and only the reduced-price signals doubt.
- Devices are being created to bypass standard authentication checks created by the original equipment manufacturers.
- Counterfeit devices are already in the supply chain and retailers may be selling them without knowing that they are not the genuine article.
- Known counterfeit devices have failed during software upgrades leaving businesses networks down.
- Manufactures need to improve the level of certainty to consumers that a purchased product is genuine.